Employment Law Barrister
0203 475 2713
Howard is a specialist in matters relating to employment. He is barrister with over 20 years’ experience of helping clients with issues in the workplace so that they can focus on their business.
He advises on all aspects of the employment relationship from recruitment and selection through managing employment relationships to its conclusion. One of the features he enjoys about his role is being able to get to know his client’s business so that he can work with them to achieve the best outcome.
As a barrister he is also able to deal with employment tribunal and court claims, if they reach this stage, advising on the suitable tactics and acting as advocate. His unique role and experience means that he is able to handle matters from the very beginning and eliminate the need for hiring additional outside counsel.
The relationship between employers and employees extends beyond “pure” employment law. As well as advising on procedures for dealing with staff, such as transfers, maternity leave, redundancy, disciplinary and grievances, Howard also advises on other aspects such as data protection, boardroom issues, employee ownership, contract worker and employment status.
As well as acting for employers, Howard also represents individuals in senior positions, advising them on new contracts, post termination restrictions, board room issues, severance negotiations.
- Howard has been advising in a complex dispute over a claim for contract worker status against a regulatory body.
- Howard advised the trustees of a pension fund on the transfer of employees from a company in administration. The question of who was the original employer and where they had transferred had significant implications for the liability of the pension fund.
- Advice to the board of an insurance company on employment implications of various options in a merger.
- Advising the NMEC on the employment implications from the closure of the Millennium Dome and its disposal.
- Howard has represented clients in the employment tribunal, the High Court and The Employment Appeal Tribunal.
Skiing, horse riding, gardening, all things art deco.
0203 475 2713