Employees and workers play a significant role in growing and operating a business no matter how large the organisation. Who you employ and how you employ them can be the deciding factor in how successful your business is, but managing people is never easy. The ever-changing environment of employment law means it is vitally important that employers stay abreast of changes and understand their full impact. Carter Bond will work closely with you to help you manage the risks and minimise potential liabilities as well as making sure all of your contracts and policies are up to date. We can provide you with Staff Handbooks, Employee contracts and Contractor Agreements tailored to your business. Our experienced lawyers can also advise on post-termination disputes and represent your business at mediations, tribunal hearings, and appeals.
We are experienced advisors in both internal and post-termination disputes providing representation at mediations, in the Employment Tribunals and higher courts. We can advise you on any claims you may have against your employer and guide you the dispute resolution process.
What We Do
- Advise on recruitment techniques, policies, and law.
- Prepare contracts of employment for senior and junior employees, contractors and workers.
- Prepare bespoke consultant agreements.
- Assist in providing employee handbooks, policies and procedures to ensure it suits your business.
- Provide advice on employee rights.
- Advise on all matters regarding dismissals, disciplinary, grievance and performance review.
- Advice regarding redundancy.
- Assistance in preventing and/or dealing with discrimination, harassment or bullying.
- Defending Employment Tribunal claims.
- Advise and assist on restrictive covenants and their enforceability.
- Advice concerning TUPE.
- Prepare and advise on Settlement Agreements.
- Advise on pregnancy, maternity, paternity and adoption rights.
- Advise on employee sickness absence.
- Advise on working time regulations.